Cake Pops are a fun way to enjoy one of my favorite desserts, cake!
Here’s a yummy and easy recipe for using your Babycakes Mini Cake Pop Maker.
Chocolate Cake Pops
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- Glaze or coating of choice
1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Using a mixer, blend until smooth.
2. Add coffee and continue mixing until coffee is evenly incorporated into mixture.
3. Fill each cooking reservoir with about 1 tablespoon of batter.
4. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cake pop comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool and glaze or coat, as desired.
Makes About 6-1/2 Dozen Cake Pops
Tip: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, pour 3/4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar into a glass measuring cup. Add milk to equal 1/4 cup. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes, then use in place of buttermilk in this recipe.
Browse and get your Cake Pop maker here.
At Mom Fave, we write about stuff we love and that we think you’ll enjoy as well. Mom Fave often collaborates in affiliate partnerships, so we may get a share of the revenue from your purchase. Read our disclosure policy here.