Welcome to the September 2018 Monthly Challenge! This month, we’re switching things up and not going with a routine-type challenge.
This month, we’re going to take a break from a busy summer – and focus on self-care. This month will be full of things you can do each day to take care of and nurture yourself. It’s the least you can do for the person who works so hard to take care of everyone else.
Sticking to any type of routine can be difficult – but it can be a lot easier and a lot more fun when you have the support of friends.
All future and previous challenges can be found here.
September 2018 Monthly Challenge
This month, we’re focusing on self-care. As we transition into the fall months – this is a great time to slow down and remember yourself, mama! Choose one of the 30 self-care items below to do for yourself each day. Do them in any order that fits you best. Skip one and do another twice – mix it up and you-do-you! Invite a friend to help encourage each other to take care of yourselves!
30 Day Self-Care Challenge
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for
- Sit down at the table for breakfast every morning
- Read for 15 minutes each night before going to sleep
- Light incense, a candle, or turn on a wax warmer when you get home
- Write a letter to someone
- Watch 30 minutes of your favorite show
- Make the bed each morning before you do anything else. It’s such a treat to be greeted each night with an orderly bed.
- Cook a meal for yourself each day
- Take a walk and reflect on the day
- Spend 15 minutes organizing a space in your home
- Give yourself a facial
- Take a bike ride
- Drink half your body weight – in oz – of water
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Eat a piece of fruit each day
- Treat yourself to a good bottle of lotion for your hands, elbows, and knees
- Listen to your favorite music
- Sit in nature and take in the beauty around you
- Cuddle with your child, loved one, pet, etc…
- Let a friend or family member know how much they mean to you
- Take a relaxing bubble bath – even if you have to book a hotel room to get some qiet time, mama!
- Take in a sunset or a sunrise
- Write down one thing each day that made you laugh
- Get a book from the library
- Donate something from your home that you no longer use or need
- Treat yourself to a hand and foot massage
- Bake some goodies – take the extras to friends or coworkers
- Go somewhere new
- Go to the park
- Turn off all electronics for at least one hour
Join the Mom’s Self Care Group here.
Don’t forget to check back in October for a new challenge!
At Mom Fave, we write about stuff we love and that we think you’ll enjoy as well. Mom Fave often collaborates in affiliate partnerships, so we may get a share of the revenue from your purchase. Read our disclosure policy here.